You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dream Styles

Chris Van Cleve

You're welcome!

I should probably explain that the name isn't an arrogant, self-aggrandizing thing. My company's name is DreamScape Visionery, hence Dream Styles.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

I would like to import some of my PS styles: I have quite a lot. Was it difficult to do? I have no problem with swatches as I have a program that allows me to export swatches in different file formats, one of which is .clr which is what Affinity uses. But of course, I don't have that option for my PS styles. If it was not difficult, could you kindly explain how you did it? (In my neck of the woods, difficult means more than a five or six steps). Thanks in advance.

You're welcome. It wasn't difficult at all.

1. Create a photoshop document, and add shapes to it. (Must be an actual shape to work properly in my experience.)

2. Assign styles to the various shapes. (You can see from my provided screenshot I used circles)

3. Save .psd file and open it in AD

4. Click on each shape, one at a time, then right-click and select "Create Style"

5. Right-click on the style in the panel and choose Rename. You're done.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

I forgot to mention, i'm working on v2 of my styles that allow editing the gradients directly in the image instead of manipulating them from the effects panel. That is much more difficult. The Gradient fill tool is tougher to get crisp transitions and set midpoints with. But it's doable.

Chris this a fabulous gift and beautiful gift to the community thanks you for sharing your steps could I use this in my class tutorial and credit you for your work in the video?  I will direct people to this thread to download this resource. Just let me know if you are ok with that.

Sure, Ronnie. I have no problem with that. They're meant to be free for everyone, so promote away. :)

Sure, Ronnie. I have no problem with that. They're meant to be free for everyone, so promote away. :)

Great I assumed that but always like to ask first.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated the top post with version 2.0 You can adjust the gradients with the gradient tool, and the stroke without going to the Effects panel. I also had a request for the style I created of the blue atmosphere for my planet render with 3 more color options as well. I have provided those too. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...