Back End Web Developer
Affinity apps have quickly become some of the most well respected professional creative apps available, winning multiple awards including an Apple Design Award and App of the Year, as well as thousands of 5-star customer reviews from around the world.
Now, an exciting opportunity has become available to join the web team at Serif. The role will involve working on both existing and new projects primarily involving Serif’s e-commerce store including writing and consuming supporting API’s which help facilitate various functionality across the site.
Framework experience as well as knowledge of plain OOP PHP is essential along with a real world understanding of common design patterns and principles. The right candidate will be able to explain or demonstrate practical applications of these principles along with their limitations and trade-offs. Knowledge of relational database design is also required, you must understand the practical implications of software design when it comes to database design, indexing and caching. You should be comfortable writing raw queries in MySQL, including joins and aggregate functions on a regular basis.
As a middleweight, you will be expected to take ownership and responsibility of tasks that are assigned to you and see them through to completion to a high standard and to the quoted time.
- Maintenance of existing and development of new websites and web-services using a mixture of technologies and related tools
- Responsible for clean, readable, and well documented code
- Work as part of a busy team in a dynamic and highly creative environment
- Taking pride in your work, working to solve problems and communicate solutions across the teams
- 3+ year (post degree) in a development orientated role
- Excellent knowledge of modern Object-Oriented programming languages (PHP7)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
- Excellent knowledge of Version Control systems (git)
- Experience with database ORMs (Propel/Doctrine)
- Experience with building API’s / JSON / JSON Schema
- Experience with software design patterns and principles
- Working knowledge of modern IDE’s and development practices
- Some experience with Linux / Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience of unit testing (PHPUnit)
We are proud of what we have achieved. We set the highest of standards for our products and ourselves and there’s a host of great benefits and rewards available in return.
The good stuff
- Discretionary Company-wide quarterly bonus scheme — up to 8% basic salary per year
- Health Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Car parking and monthly car wash
- Showers for cyclists & lunchtime runners
- Breakout spaces, arcades and pool table
- Flexible hours
- Relocation package
The Software Centre
Wilford Industrial Estate
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The role you are applying for (please include in subject line)
- Your full name and phone number
- Your CV and pitch for why you’re the right person for the job
- Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. This role is based at our Nottingham HQ and not available to remote workers. However we can help with relocation costs for the right candidate!