You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.11 - RC1)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a Release Candidate build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received  :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Improvements / Fixes

- Fix for Photos extensions not maintaining your edits and working on lower resolution versions of your images

- Fix for unwanted colour gradients appearing in Panorama results
- Fix for ‘Merge Selected’ not always generating the expected results
- Fix for crop not correctly affecting the selection and spare channels
- Fix for DNG import from DxO Optics
- Fix for auto-levels on LAB documents
- Develop Persona now responds correctly to numeric input to adjust brush hardness
- Added ‘Transparent Background’ menu item to the Document menu
- Panorama inpainting improvements
- Implemented font-fallback logic. This means that users typing characters which are not in the current font should see the character represented by a fallback font automatically
- Recently used fonts section of the font dropdown now also includes all fonts in the current document
- Fix for crash when closing documents
- Miscellaneous translation improvements
- PSD export now handles Registration colour and tint. Miscellaneous import improvements for compatibility with other PSD originators
- Fix for rotation and shear not working reliably from the Transform panel
- Fix for redraw issues while transforming objects with wide strokes
- Fix for groups of horizontal or vertical lines causing stability issues in some cases
- Export Slice stability improvements
- Improved snapping for the Fill Tool
- TIFF export now correctly supports alpha in all colour formats
- Fix for importing very large TIFF images
- Many PDF export improvements
- Print panel now restores itself correctly to the last used settings

A great update overall! 

One thing I absolutely don´t get is why AP always shows the "Adjustment" panel by default when opening it.

I always want to see the layers panel and this was remembered previously (by the MAS version).

Is there a special intention behind this or could this be changed? Or is it my fault somehow?

Thanks in advance! 

• Staff

A great update overall! 

One thing I absolutely don´t get is why AP always shows the "Adjustment" panel by default when opening it.

I always want to see the layers panel and this was remembered previously (by the MAS version).

Is there a special intention behind this or could this be changed? Or is it my fault somehow?

Thanks in advance! 

We reset all settings including the studio for all betas. If you MAS app store remembers your default panels, it will keep them for the next app store update. But the MAS version doesn't share anything with the beta to avoid complications.

- Fix for Photos extensions not maintaining your edits and working on lower resolution versions of your images

Nice....  ;)

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

I was just wondering because when I open an AP photo file with the beta and change to the layer panel, save the document and then reopen it, the Adjustment panel shows up again.....

It seems like it will always select the first one in the group every time the application restart. I will see if I can fix this for the next RC.

Hi MEB, when it is the same picture, it can be easily and quickly open the AP Beta. Then tried the filter "haze remove" applied.

I'm not quite sure whether he works.

The extension "Affinity Haze Removal" now seems to work well, just only extremely slow (the picture is about 300 MB in size). Maybe it's the Beta owed?

Hello

In this RC1 a little problem, I have a JPEG open in AP and when I use the share option " add to photo", it comes in Photo in low resolution, and the same option use with a RW2 file panasonic ... I have to restart AP. :wacko:

• Staff

Hi MEB, when it is the same picture, it can be easily and quickly open the AP Beta. Then tried the filter "haze remove" applied.

I'm not quite sure whether he works.

The extension "Affinity Haze Removal" now seems to work well, just only extremely slow (the picture is about 300 MB in size). Maybe it's the Beta owed?

Hi Jonas14,

Can you upload that picture (the one that seems not to work with the Haze Removal Photos Extension) to my Dropbox account using the link in my signature please?

Thanks.

please bare with me that I add 3 lines although features for this release are set,

- clipping preview in Curves adjustment (as it is in Levels - loving that!)

- USM Threshold masking (like clipping preview, holding down alt)

- merge two or more masks of one layer/ group into one

cause next release is probably some months away and I think these may be possible to include? :blink:

merging maks  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/14156-pls-add-command-for-merging-masks/?p=62725

threshold  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/14283-unsharp-mask-threshold-preview/?p=63427

• Staff

Hi Miguel, I invite the image straight to the Dropbox. As written, it works, just a lot of patience is required (the picture is about 300 MB in size)

All other extensions are operating normally, only „Affinity Haze Removal” taking so long...

Joachim

There was a bug with the Haze Removal extension that we have just fixed. So will be available in the next beta. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.