You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

scroll speed is determined by the number of levels

Hello!

The scroll speed of the opacity slider in the layers palette is determined by the number of levels. The more layers I have the slower the value changed.
The scroll wheel on my mouse has a high speed mode. There, the effect is greatest. I can clearly see the effect from 20 levels.

(Windows 7 / 64 bit)

• Staff

Hmmm that's odd! I think it's because it seems to get a bit of "lag" when it has multiple layers, so doesn't properly detect the correct amount the mousewheel has scrolled.

I've got it logged for the developers to look into.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Michail

Each build of the beta has accompanying release notes outlining the fixes made for that build. If your issue is not on the list for that build then you can assume it has not been addressed yet. Don't worry it is still in our system and it will be addressed at some point

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks for the update number 23!

But the problem that I described is still there.

I can't reproduce your problem anymore with build 23. The opacity slider is fast, with mouse wheel scrolling, drag sliding, etc. Can you provide a video demonstrating the problem (in build 23)?

Thanks Michail, I can reproduce this now, following your video. The bug that we fixed was dragging the popup slider for that control, not the mouse wheel scrolling (I assumed it would fix both parts, but clearly it doesn't). We'll take a look at this and try to sort it out.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.