You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

• Staff

Hi, I hope that in the future there will be an electronic version of the book that will get updates. All the best and good luck!

That sounds like the help file... ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Congratulations on the release of your AD workbook.  Based on what I've seen so far, it's very impressive and professional looking, and looks to include quite a lot of good useful information.  My question is, will it be available in local bookshops at some point in the future?  Say, all the way over here in Canada via Chapters Indigo?  Tariffs are a major pain on the wallet.

I know you currently have no digital edition planned, but I would like to recommend in the future a digital edition that could be made available to those who purchase a physical copy of the book.  This way, when the time comes in the future to make changes or edits, while it would be impossible to update the physical book without a new release, the digital edition could be easily updated at no physical cost to Serif.  Plus, sooner or later, as much as we hate the idea, a digital edition will be made available illegally online.  Beat them to the punch by releasing your own legal digital edition.  it will most likely still pop up illegally online, but your users will be more likely to get it through you than risk their computers' security on questionable sites.

• Staff

Am i right that the Affinity Review magazine is history?

Yes, in the form that it was - however, we are working on something else which will be revealed in the not too distant future ;)

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

Is there any chance you can send this book to Puerto Rico? We are part of USA since we use the same currency and post office zip codes. I noticed that even though it says USA on one of the countries, the ordering process won't let me put in Puerto Rico in one of the states like other forms do. I went to countries to see if I could select Puerto Rico and it does not appear there or anywhere. I would love to order the book.

Looked at the sample section. Nice layout, pleasing to look at.

At the first reprint, consider "fixing" the kerning for the word Frame in the same manner as the word Lace. I don't know if that was a real job and is set in stone at this point, but for the book it may be nice to have the whole logo fixed  ;)

Mike

consider "fixing" the kerning for the word FRAME

This was the first error* we noticed and we did not believe it.

Now we have the courage to criticise unprofessional work.

@ Affinity

* Students don’t “learn from the experts” when they learn wrong kerning on page 320/321.

27175115ll.jpg

Oh Yeah. I am all over this, it's a no-brainer!

Can't wait to get my hands on it, it looks gorgeous. I respect your decision to go hardback print only option. PDFs are easily pirated and passed around, can't do that with a lovely tome like this. I'm sure this is going to boost my eejit creations to no end!

Now to wait on the postman.....

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

I am unable to get to the Affinity Store.  I am in Canada.  For some reason my browser (OS X Safari 6.2.8) says it cannot connect.  

When pressing the BUY NOW button here: https://affinity.ser...igner/workbook/

it took me to this address, but nothing:  https://affinity.sto...3675.1458891282

Flippin 'eck, that was QUICK! My workbook has just arrived and I LIKE it - it is a coffee table book, a very useful coffee table book, and I am going to love dipping into it! Thank you for arranging such quick delivery! 

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Flippin 'eck, that was QUICK! My workbook has just arrived and I LIKE it - it is a coffee table book, a very useful coffee table book, and I am going to love dipping into it! Thank you for arranging such quick delivery! 

Seriously, less than 24 hours when it quoted 5-7 days.... Did someone from the team deliver this to you personally? :)

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Seriously, less than 24 hours when it quoted 5-7 days.... Did someone from the team deliver this to you personally? :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshhilary/30359106291/in/dateposted-public/

Delivery man turned up in between the freezer man and the Ikea man - a good morning! I do live in the centre of the universe, though, Greater Manchester :)

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

Delivery man turned up in between the freezer man and the Ikea man - a good morning! I do live in the centre of the universe, though, Greater Manchester :)

Food, Furniture, and a book.... what a morning. :D  Someone's gonna be busy today. Glad you posted the pic otherwise I'm not sure I would have believed it..

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Food, Furniture, and a book.... what a morning. :D  Someone's gonna be busy today. Glad you posted the pic otherwise I'm not sure I would have believed it..

I was very surprised, too; all the delivery men know that the front of our house is the safest place round here to set down, run and deliver and zip off again, so I took no notice until the man walked to the front door! I'm supposed to be helping hubby to build new computer desk, but somehow or other I keep coming here (poorly knee can be a blessing, sometimes), for another flip through the book :D :D :D

My Flickr Album

Thanks for the advice, Christmas has come early this year :)

Going by the other items in the pic, I can't help wondering whether it's really an early Christmas present or actually a late birthday present! Or perhaps it's a bit of both. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Going by the other items in the pic, I can't help wondering whether it's really an early Christmas present or actually a late birthday present! Or perhaps it's a bit of both. ;)

It's traditional in our house that we enjoy birthday cards for a week, they are so pretty it's a shame to do otherwise. I think the book is a birthday present to myself perhaps - it certainly isn't going to be hidden away until Christmas :) 

My Flickr Album