#441 kyk0525

kyk0525

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

kyk0525

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

The price never included the shipping, it is extra and variable amounts around the globe.

hi.

that i think that 's some translation mistake in the chinese version of the page..

that word means include. no plus...

• Jennbeek, Jamizelindy, Danieljex and 14 others like this

#442 nedidmon

nedidmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Gtranslate:

Bought on the Amazon on March 1, today came the book. The edges of the book are slightly bent. The page "chapter 1" wiped off the paint. All the rest in excellent form! Now I will learn English and "affinity designer" :lol:

Спасибо!

#443 alex@abroadley.co.uk

alex@abroadley.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Dear Affinity 

I recently purchased one of your workbooks on affinity designer and it looks great inside the only problem is my one has a slight defect on the binder bit which I saw when I opened the package today. Picture included. I bought it directly from your website so please can you replace it.

Kind regards

Alex

#444 rickfoy

rickfoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

I just received my AD workbook yesterday so far it is wonderfully filled with useful information.  I am glad that I've made this purchase.  

#445 edferrigan

edferrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Ash, when will it be available in the iBook store? I am trying to eliminate all books I have to carry around. Happy to pay, I appreciate the hard work and look forward to studying this guide. Thanks

#446 Renzatic

Renzatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

Ash, when will it be available in the iBook store? I am trying to eliminate all books I have to carry around. Happy to pay, I appreciate the hard work and look forward to studying this guide. Thanks

Total aside, but I'm starting to lean in the opposite direction. I've gone almost exclusively ebook over the last 2-3 years, and, while convenient, I've come to feel that I miss the weight and heft of real books. Laying back at night and reading your tablet just doesn't have the same comfy, homey feel as doing the same with a book.

...unless you're reading a Stephen King novel. Those things are heavy enough to break a sternum.

#447 Alfred

Alfred

Advɐncəd Məmbər

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

Total aside, but I'm starting to lean in the opposite direction. I've gone almost exclusively ebook over the last 2-3 years, and, while convenient, I've come to feel that I miss the weight and heft of real books. Laying back at night and reading your tablet just doesn't have the same comfy, homey feel as doing the same with a book.

...unless you're reading a Stephen King novel. Those things are heavy enough to break a sternum.

I'm guessing that you don't actually own a copy of the Affinity Designer Workbook! stirthepot.gif

• LilleG, Mithferion and Renzatic like this
Alfred Posted Image
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.70)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.70) Windows 10 Home • 4th gen Core i3 CPU

#448 Rob123456789

Rob123456789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

I really hope you do a matching book for Affinity Photo, I would buy that right away. I love learning from books, especially ones written by the developers of the app as you get to know so many 'gems' of information and it's good to be taught by the people that made the program. I know there are video tutorials and guides online, but for me, nothing beats a good book.

#449 Alfred

Alfred

Advɐncəd Məmbər

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

I really hope you do a matching book for Affinity Photo, I would buy that right away. I love learning from books, especially ones written by the developers of the app as you get to know so many 'gems' of information and it's good to be taught by the people that made the program. I know there are video tutorials and guides online, but for me, nothing beats a good book.

We've been told that an Affinity Photo Workbook is coming, but with no public ETA. If it's anything like the Affinity Designer Workbook, it won't be written by the developers.

Alfred Posted Image
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.70)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.70) Windows 10 Home • 4th gen Core i3 CPU

#450 Renzatic

Renzatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

I'm guessing that you don't actually own a copy of the Affinity Designer Workbook! stirthepot.gif

Not yet, but I have plans to get it. :D

#451 Philippe BOIS

Philippe BOIS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Hello,

The French version is planned ?

#452 MEB

MEB

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15,738 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hi Philippe BOIS,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As far as i know, no.

The workbook is only available in German and English.

• FriendDesign likes this

#453 FriendDesign

FriendDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Greetings to you friends !! I'm a hard-core Adobo's (I've been using for 13 years) recently switched to your products - I'm amazed and I have no words !!! I'm all advertising your product! In which section can I leave wishes for adding new functionality?

UX/UI Designer & Affinity Designer user on Facebook | on Behance | on Dribbble

AMD FX™-9370 Eight-Core (Vishera)/ 4.4GHz/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB/ SSD/ HDD1TB / DDR3 2x8GB

#454 Alfred

Alfred

Advɐncəd Məmbər

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Greetings to you friends !! I'm a hard-core Adobo's (I've been using for 13 years) recently switched to your products - I'm amazed and I have no words !!! I'm all advertising your product!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, FriendDesign. :)

In which section can I leave wishes for adding new functionality?

The Feature Requests forum is here, but you might want to post to the Questions & Feedback forum first (in case the feature is already available but you simply haven't found it yet).

• Patrick Connor and FriendDesign like this
Alfred Posted Image

#455 FriendDesign

FriendDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, FriendDesign. :)

Thank you so much!!! Very happy!  :lol:

• Alfred likes this
UX/UI Designer & Affinity Designer user on Facebook | on Behance | on Dribbble

AMD FX™-9370 Eight-Core (Vishera)/ 4.4GHz/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB/ SSD/ HDD1TB / DDR3 2x8GB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: affinity designer, user guide, manual, workbook, tutorials

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users