You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please! Vote for Affinity Designer. Support.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No thanks. This has been brought up before and it seemed like a horrible idea to me then as it does now. How horrible is it to have to pay a monthly fee to Adobe and then on top of that, a monthly fee to other companies? Many people left Adobe and luckily found the powerful graphics programs that Affinity makes without the unwanted aspects of a subscription. They left Adobe because they were/are trying to get away from leasing software (like Adobe's subscription model) so it doesn't really make sense to me that those same people would want to sign up for a plugin, a plugin-not a program but just a plugin mind you, that uses the subscription model. 

Keith,

I'd never heard of Avocode before this posting https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22258-avocode-open-to-supporting-affinity-designer-please-vote/?hl=avocodefrom last year. Funny thing is, the person who posted about it didn't explain anything about what Avocode is nor why should "vote" for it. Maybe it is a thing amongst Avocode users to just assume that everyone knows what it is?

Hokusai

The proposal on the other site says

As Affinity (https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/) was Apples' 'app of the year, 2014' ...

but Affinity is a suite of apps, not just a single app. The productivity app Notability won the Mac App of the Year award in 2014, with Affinity Designer taking second place; Affinity Photo won the award the following year.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Funny thing is, the person who posted about it didn't explain anything about what Avocode is nor why should "vote" for it. Maybe it is a thing amongst Avocode users to just assume that everyone knows what it is?

Indeed. I even looked the thing up - putting more effort into it than the OP did - and still came up empty.

And it's of note that the OP has "gone dark" since. 

Troll.

Keith Reeder

Keith,

It is odd, you'd think that the original poster could take the time to explain why the plugin is so incredible. Maybe they'll show up sometime later and explain why it is a must-have plugin (so cool that you'd be willing to pay a separate subscription just to use it). I too went to the website to see what all the fuss was about and left unimpressed. Maybe I'm missing something? 

Hokusai