During the installation of the Affinity range on Windows, the following issues can be flagged. Please see below the descriptions and possible mitigations available.
- How do I know if my PC is running a 64-bit or 32-bit Operating system
Affinity on Windows requires a 64-bit Operating System. Some PCs and laptops run 32-bit OS.
- Please see https://support.micr....com/help/13443 Which Windows operating system am I running?
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or higher not found
Affinity requires Windows 7 Service pack 1 - this can be installed through Windows Update.
- DirectX 11 not found
Affinity uses DirectX 11 acceleration to achieve smooth panning and zooming of the design canvas.
- Please see https://support.micr...t.com/kb/179113 for how to install DirectX 11.
- Platform Update for Windows 7 not found
Affinity requires the platform update for Windows 7.
- Please see www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805
- 64-bit CPU not found
Your PC only has a 32-bit CPU. Unfortunately Affinity will not run on your PC unless it has a 64-bit CPU.
- 64-bit Windows not found (but CPU is 64-bit)
Your PC has a 64-bit CPU but you are currently running a 32-bit version of Windows.
- Please install a 64-bit version of Windows.
- Aero requirement to run the Software
We require Desktop Windows Management Composition, rather than native Graphics drivers. This is natively on for Windows 8 and 10, but on Windows 7 this is most easily achieved by turning Aero ON. If you are not willing to turn the Aero theme on there is a work around described in this post, but any issues when running the software won't be logged unless they've been verified as still occurring with DWM Composition enabled.
A more general FAQ regarding the Affinity range including Affinity Photo can be found here in the Questions forum.