You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

Affinity has now become officially cross-platform with the launch of Affinity Designer for Windows.

My congratulations to this accomplishment  :)

Not much of a problem but the language chooser is still visible during install.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Congratulations for the release!

It was great to see all your hard work with every new changelog.

Update: Bought ^^

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

• Staff

That's great news !

2 questions :

- Can I install it on several computers like the Mac version ?

- Will there be a bundle with photo to buy both at the same time ?

Thanks !

Yes you can install on several computers you personal own like the Mac. Commercial use is more restrictive but also the same as the Mac.

We don't have any plans for bundles at the moment. This will change for volume licences in the future.

Got it! Thank you all and congratulations on the launch.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Just bought it!

Allready have the book, too!

Thank you!

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Yes you can install on several computers you personal own like the Mac. Commercial use is more restrictive but also the same as the Mac.

We don't have any plans for bundles at the moment. This will change for volume licences in the future.

So I will be able to install it on my new pc when I get it?

Purchased ! ..

however I am wondering that you released it .. it's not really bug free yet.  I still have both most annoying bugs that I have and also I didn't used it much since I realized It's broken inside the symbols code ... I didn't wanted to risk loosing or damaging my work.

From what I have seen in the above comments it looks like I will get free updates until V2 .. so that's great .. fix me If I am wrong.

I hope you fix the symbols feature soon so I can continue working on my document.

Also I have this weird random lags .. I think It have to to something with my scene .. I have 8 huge artboards in the Full HD width and like 10x more height.

So maybe you didn't know about this since most of the guys who had beta didn't really make anything bigger yet ...

But you will eventually have to deal with it as the people will start to do actual work with it.

Where is my Grade kit?

Don't see it in my user shop profile.

Look at the confirmation e-mail carefully. At least in spanish, the link to download the Grade Kit is only a point. Maybe a mistake with translation:

Su kit UI y packs de pinceles están disponible para descargar desde

Mira bien el e-mail de confirmación. Al menos en español, el link de descarga del Grade Kit es sólo un punto. Quizás un error con la traducción.

Without explaining this ON THE SCREEN, you are going to lose an enormous number of sales. I almost gave up and only then decided to check this forum out.  Otherwise you are just going to sell your product to people who enjoy solving cryptic puzzles.

That should be great, indeed. Because that's the way it worked.

• Staff

Three main questions:

Does it export correctly text layers to PSD now (not as rasterized layer)?

Does it support smart objects?

Does it allow to change interface font size?

Does it allow to change color of layer/group in layer panel?

Hi iseebadpixels,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. No, this will be implemented later as it's requires quite a lot of work.

2. No, currently it doesn't support smart objects.

3. You have to use Windows scaling options to change the size of the elements of the interface.

4. No.

I am gueesing I cannot use my Serif login and must create a whole new account?

Also where is the discount for DrawplusX8 users? Do we have to wait for launch offer to be over first?

Don't forget many serif long time loyal customers beta tested too.

My Ultimate Home Audio/Video/Graphic Workstation

Core I7 980 6 core / Windows 10 pro 64bit

24 gig ram DDR3 triple Channel / 2 GeForce 970 4gig SLI

Qty 3 250g OCZ SSD Raid 0 Qty 2 Samsung 120gig Raid 0 (audio and video cache) Plus WD Raid edition 2 TB Raid 0

Multiple NAS setups for backups / Bluray drive

LG 34" Inch Ultrawide 3440x1440 with 2 Samsung 24"

Akai APC40 Pro / Roland Jp8000 / Razer Firefly Chroma / Ouroboros / BlackWidow Chroma

Dual FireStudio Project 16 channel audio with EuroRack pro / Event 20/20 studio monitors

16 port Gigabit Smart Switch with Link aggregation / fast internet 20up/300dn

• Staff

Some folks have already asked about the discount for Serif Draw Plus owners. I'd like to know too. Can someone please respond?

All Serif DrawPlus owners should have been emailed today. The introductory offer of £29.99 applies to DrawPlus owners and Beta testers. You also get some free goodies for being loyal customers. The offer end on 25th November,