You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.6 Beta – when?

Maybe the Mesh Gradient? Uhmm.

That could be. When he said by shape, I thought maybe he meant a snake-like gradient that changes direction. That would be wild.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I missed that post. I guess only time will tell (in a little over two weeks).

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Gradient with shapes :

Click point 1 for shape A

Click point 1 for shape B

You get a dialog box, you can choose distance or steps.

After that, if you want more or less steps, click on the tool, you get again the dialog box and you can adjust number of steps.

A must have for me.

I use it a lot in horology (guilloché).

post-395-0-27850400-1491126734_thumb.png

Gradient with shapes :

Click point 1 for shape A

Click point 1 for shape B

You get a dialog box, you can choose distance or steps.

After that, if you want more or less steps, click on the tool, you get again the dialog box and you can adjust number of steps.

That's the Blend Tool, mentioned (along with a Replicate Tool) in the roadmap.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yep something similar to the Ai blend tool would be good to have.

Or some sort of non-destructive type of array tool for distributing/aligning objects along a certain axis all controlled by a dialogue or panel.

Imagine adjusting the positioning and maybe even the scale along the length of the array with a "curve popup", something similar to the current way to adjust line widths now.  :-) Cool!

Ok, blend tool. My interface is in french, I don't exactly the name of the tools in english.

It will be so powerful if we could have a cinema4d duplicate tool like mograph.

The duplicate tool of moi3d is very good too and more easiest to use but is no interactive.

Thanks for the link, Rui. I only watched the first four or five minutes, but I don't think there was anything there that Serif's very own DrawPlus hasn't been able to do for the past three or four versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

ain't no school like the old school...

Care if I steal that quote?

Considering you just quoted the post, you're not doing a good job at stealing  :P

All kidding aside, it's just street talk... knock yourself out! 

Care if I steal that quote?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Text entering in Freehand and, specially, setting tab stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866U1YKSpwo&feature=youtu.be

this thing is insane, really cool program and great demo! keep them coming please  :)  :wub:

http://www.freehandforum.org/downloads-FreeHand-plugins-xtras.html

here are actually the install files I guess, at least one can take a look at the manual and look at some of the features in there 

Rui Mac don't make me cry and remember Freehand again....  :blink:

Everything worked much more easily. Those were the days ....

Used it since vesion 5 until Adobe killed it and had to switch to Illustrator (since I knew there was no future on it)...

But I can make the switch again if needed and use Affinity Designer.  ;)

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

Affinity is the best alternative that I have found to Illustrator. And I can assure everyone that I have been looking out for alternatives ever since Adobe killed Freehand.
I started out, back in 1988 with Illustrator 1.0 (and, soon after, Illustrator 889. But then I met Freehand 1.0

NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!

Freehand was just amazing!

I will go on making these movies showing Freehand stuff. :)

Here is a movie showing Strokes and Fills:

https://youtu.be/nUitzFm55QU

And here is a movie showing arrowheads and a few nice tools.

https://youtu.be/mEacnejOcbE

contour gradient looks really cool, 

and the missing spiral in AD  :)

pasting in the tiles was REALLY cool  :wub: (good to know that at least multiple fills are on the roadmap, also a cool feature!)

like these objects only thing is better implemented in affinity using clipping or nesting 

magnification is probably also well implemented in affinity using symbols 

Freehand has like a layer inside the layer structure  :D interesting stuff 

add points to curve and these curving modifications are really nice  :wub: 

the diagram/ draw tool seems somewhat odd, guess one could just export PDF from excel (as you said I guess)

I hope we can get that in Affinity when we have scripting, yeah Rui  :ph34r:  :D

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.