You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(1.5.2.56) Designer crashes every time when working with zoom (ctrl + wheel)

Hello

I am trying to switch from adobe products to affinity on windows and for now is going terrible. It is not related with usability but stability. And it affects all affinity products and versions.

When i am zooming in and out by holding ctrl + mouse wheel any document, even new one with one artifact (sqare for example) i am always getting appcrash with below error:

post-44338-0-66947900-1486226573_thumb.jpg

post-44338-0-08295900-1486226581_thumb.jpg

It affects every version of affinity designer - current production version 1.5.1 and newest beta 1.5.2.56

It also affects Affinity Photo.

Always the same scenario, i am starting to work with some file, i am zoom in and zoom out couple times, app crash, whole work lost, go back to adobe.

My current setup is:

Intel Xeon ES-1607 3.0Ghz

16GB ram, Samsung SSD

Windows 7

I've also tested it on second computer:

Intel i3 3220 3.3GHz

8GB ram, Samsung SSD

Windows 10

Can you pleas do something with it?

• Staff

Hi mpawlowski,

This sounds like it could be an issue specific to your two machines. It is something I and many of our users to do every day, and have had no reports prior to yours.

Could you answer the following for me please:

What mouse do you use and do you use the same one for both computers?

Do both computers share common pieces of software?

What language are you running Windows and Affinity in?

You say it happens on a new document with a square, what size is this new document?

If possible could you attach screenshots of the contents of the Processes and Details tabs of Task Manager?

Thanks

Hello Sean P

I've record the moment when error occurs, it is attached to this post.

> What mouse do you use and do you use the same one for both computers?

On both computers i am using Logitech mouses, on first computer it is a G500 model and on second G5

> Do both computers share common pieces of software?

Both computers have similar setup in terms of software, on the movie I've capture my desktop for a moment, major of applications that i am using are there.

> What language are you running Windows and Affinity in?

Computer: en_GB, Affinity: English

>You say it happens on a new document with a square, what size is this new document?

Error occurs for any resolution. For me it shows on A4 format and 1920x1080 resolution. Error occurs more often if on screen is more objects. When i am zooming there is a specific moment when affinity renders document more accurately. In half of that process it stops and error shows. I hope you can spot that moment on a movie. 

>If possible could you attach screenshots of the contents of the Processes and Details tabs of Task Manager?

Attached.

AffinityDesignerCrashMouseWheel.zip

post-44338-0-69222300-1486485687_thumb.jpg

On both computers i am using Logitech mouses, on first computer it is a G500 model and on second G5

Do you have any logitech software included with the mice installed? There have been previous reports of the included drivers/message handlers  with logitech mice causing issues with Affinity

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.