You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Touch Bar

just had a quick look at the touch bar features but not very satisfied, 

using a graphic tablet and modifying the opacity while drawing works e.g. but the UI field on the top does not update

or using the inpainting brush you just have the normal brush hardness etc. controls. I'd want to have the option to choose "sample from below" in there as well.

(reminds me of how I asked about if it was possible to get a non destructive smudge tool, please  :ph34r: )

and I don't think the icons. are intuitive. Look at PDF Expert, they have great icons for the touchbar and really good and useful features. (notice how beautiful their scaling indicator for the pencil width is, not just a boring strip but a real ruler so to say)

- please improve the look of your sliders

the text tool has no useful features whatsoever, just duplicates of keyboard shortcuts, again you could take at least some inspiration from PDF Expert 

and also an option to have a persistent touchbar with customizable quick selection tool where you could put some macros for quick selection or an export button which triggers a specific export preset

or a history slider/ buttons or some of the buttons that are currently in the "pointer" view like adding a mask, but as an option to have them persistently 

I think you know most of the things already but if you did not I hope you agree to some points.

for anyone considering upgrading to a new macbook:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35502-affinity-macbook-pro-13-2016-review/?p=174691

cheers 

• 1 month later...

I agree with MBd, still not syncing.

to be clear, if you are using the Brush Tool with the Touch Bar controlling the opacity, it smoothly changes, however, there is no changes in the % of opacity occurring on the screen. 

If you start by setting the opacity with the cursor or key board, the touch bar must be set to 100%, then opacity can be set using cursor, keyboard and it's % is visible as it changes.  

The Touch Bar seems to have priority over the Keyboard, cursor.

Don't know whether this is making any sense, hope so.

I also tried this in AD and the Opacity slider is working there, however, the brush went crazy as I was using the Touch Bar.  There was no smoothness as I changed the size of the brush, very pixilated and slow.  The application crashed, sent to crash report.   

Another interesting thing, when the Touch Bar is set to 100% and I use keyboard, cursor to set opacity to 50%, then I use the Touch Bar slider, the movement from 100% to use 0% is limited by the setting that I manually set with the keyboard.  In other words, the maximum opacity will be limited to 50%, or whatever was set manually.  ( however, no visible change of % on the screen.  It doesn't change the opacity, just limits it.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.