You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Metal Styles

v_kyr

These look really good. I like the rustic look, but I'm not able to download the package. I'm being told that there is no available application to open them, but that's not true.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hmm strange and what happens if you don't double click and try instead to load them in from the styles palette menu?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

It's working now, but that was weird. Both times I downloaded, the packages went right in the trash.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hmm I'm actually on OSX and also packed the styles file there, when I try it there just via double clicking on the uncompressed file inside the Mac finder, I get the same message as you!

I have to load it on OSX always from the AD styles palette menu via the import styles menu entry ...

• post-49706-0-28673500-1487130690_thumb.png

... it looks for me as if *.afstyles files somehow aren't associated with AD here in the Mac Finder. - However importing from the styles palette instead should work!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I am really loving these. I can definitely use these styles for my work.

I sometimes need such metal looking styles for flyers and such things. Thus I have some collections of various different texture themes, which I then can reuse.

I know this is already my fourth comment in such a short timeframe, but can we use these styles for commercial use as long as it is applied to artwork? I was able to make a logo with one of those metal styles. And is credit needed?

@bleduc

No you don't need to credit me, I mean for what, these are no genuine artworks, instead just over the time collected things related to different themes (in this case metal gold/silver), which I partly used in the past for Xara textures/fills, for PagePlus/DrawPlus flyer work and for PS backgrounds/structures etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That works. Maybe even some fabric styles to make character clothing stand out more.

Wood-style is possible

Well there are so many different structures and facettes of wood, you best look over the NET after those you are personally mostly interested in. Making styles is really easy in AD, you should give it a try and make your own custom ones, which fulfill your individual needs here!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I forget if there was something I did differently, but it seemed to have fixed itself eventually. I'm sorry to say I really don't have any advice.