You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform tab order

This is a minor request. Can you change the tab order in the Transform panel? In Beta 1.5.5 B2, tab order is X, W, Y, H. The majority of the time when using Transform, I (and I assume others) typically adjust both the X and Y, or H and W in combination. It would be convenient if I could tab directly from X to Y, or from H to W. Simply put, can you change the tab order to be X, Y, W, H, R, S?

Thanks for your consideration. And thanks a million for such a fantastic product! 

I think the X and Y, and the W and H are meant to be two different groups. They're not reading from left to right, but from up to down. R (rotate) and S (skew) are separate from each other. I think that is why there is a space in between the other two groups. So technically, there are four sections there.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Jeff,

I've just placed an object on my page using 1.5.5 B2 and selected the X field and pressed tab and found the tabbing order to be correct and as you are expecting!

Thanks for the reply. After more investigation, I have a bit more information. The Transform panel seems to behave differently when in Separated Mode. I notice when not in Separated Mode - default mode, the tab order is as you say, but when in Separated Mode, it behaves the way I describe (X, W, Y, H), at least for me.

Oops. It looks like I didn't understand the topic. I was a little lost, because by tab, I thought you meant panel. Here I go being so literal again.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been fixed in the 1.6 beta cycle and will be included in the forthcoming 1.6 public release

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
58 minutes ago, jeff said:

I just checked 1.6 Beta 12 and it still has the previously described behavior. Unless you meant it has been fixed in the next beta version (13)?

No, we tested and understood the tab order in Separated Mode to now be X, W, Y, H, R, S. Perhaps we need to retest

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No, we tested and understood the tab order in Separated Mode to now be X, W, Y, H, R, S. Perhaps we need to retest

Yes, that is what they are. The request was for them to be in this order: X, Y, W, H, R, S. So, X flows to Y and W flows to H on tab. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

After a year nothing changed ? (actual Designer 1.8.3) every time I want to use the coordinate for a professional workflow the tab order in the transform panel let me scream.

Please please make a consistent and logic order for all Affinity  transform panels (X, Y, W, H, R, S).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.