You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can this 3D effect (created in Illustrator) be replicated in Designer ?!

Hello

Am absolutely a newbie and had couple questions :

1. Here's a youtube tutorial on 3D Revolve effect and pattern warp/layer on a Circle shape done in illustrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17oOuts5Og

Can this be achieved in Designer or Photo ?

2. Is there a blend mode equivalent to Illustrator - 

where one can multiply no of shapes in vertical or horizontal direction - like duplicating shapes to avoid cut paste x no of times ?

Thanks

AD does not do 2D to 3D.

AD does not have a shape blend command at this point. It does have a "power duplicated" that will repeatedly move, scale and rotate vector objects. If the objects are combined, a gradient of image can be used to fill all of them.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

AD does not do 2D to 3D.

AD does not have a shape blend command at this point. It does have a "power duplicated" that will repeatedly move, scale and rotate vector objects. If the objects are combined, a gradient of image can be used to fill all of them.

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please point me towards a tutorial/info to what you mean in the second point "Power Duplicated" ?

Thank you - I was however also looking at how to 

Like you mentioned - "If the objects are combined, a gradient of image can be used to fill all of them."

The help section doesn't elaborate much on this.

It was something I stumbled across, and it was a little surprising. When a number of objects are joined by a boolean combine, the fill tool will act on all the once separate shapes. For instance, a row of rectangles could have a gradient or bit map added. The surprising thing (to me) is if the combine is self divided, the fill portions of the fill that were in them when combined stay with the discreet parts. For instance, make an array of rectangles, combine, and fill w. a bitmap picture. The divide, and the image will be broken into the rectangles, and moved around as you like.

And yes, many people would like a full blend tool.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Your youtube link isn't showing.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyNCFgLX8Q

YouTube plugins don't work on this forum. They have to be a link like what you posted or a video plugin from Vimeo.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Yes, and you can't just paste the links, you have to use the URL "box" to get it to show.

(I find the youtube-address by using the quote option on the post.)

The video plugin from Vimeo just shows as a thumbnail in my browser (Chrome).

I have to use the "quote post" option and paste the address in the browser window to get to the video in Vimeo.

But this is a digression, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2