You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline Effect (Choose color from Color Picker tool) :CRASH:

Hi, i am new here. can anyone give me tutorial how to choose color outline effect using color picker? 

i tried to recolor outline on my work, to make it the same with the other color so i tried using color picker,

but it always happen all the time : crash

thx

post-54216-0-89024000-1489372179_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome,

yes using the outline color effects palette sometimes works and sometimes not. At least I can reproduce that error behavior under AD for Windows too.

• post-49706-0-76991400-1489409170_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-77521800-1489409185_thumb.jpg

I think this tread will need instead to be better moved into the bug report section of the forum here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hello and welcome,

yes using the outline color effects palette sometimes works and sometimes not. At least I can reproduce that error behavior under AD for Windows too.

I think this tread will need instead to be better moved into the bug report section of the forum here!

Thanks, Mate!

Do You have alternative to do outline of multiple group object?

Not really at least not with AD, when it didn't worked and crashed in the AD on Win (I have bought and use AD usually only on a Mac), I exported and loaded things over into another vector drawing app on Win to continue what I wanted to do. - That outline color picker stuff seems to be buggy in AD and needs to be reviewed/fixed by the devs!

Also that Crash-Reporter seems not to work at all when exceptions are thrown, it never appears afterwards and thus reporting exceptions (sending detailed crash logs) out of the app doesn't work. Also there is always nothing written into the AD log files related to the exceptions!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2