You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New section starting up for 'Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations' at Udemy

Hi everyone,

Since the Solid Foundations course was launched last year - https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/ it's become a best seller so thanks very much for that and from the reviews it looks like it's meeting a lot of peoples expectations. But there's always ways to make a good thing better. So I've decided to start a new faq section which I will occasionally add to in an ongoing kind of a way. Sometimes I'd be asked a question and sometimes I'd see a question asked on this forum, and sometimes I'd think 'that might make a good tutorial'.

So I've made a start with probably the question I get asked the most which is 'How do I place one image inside another?' and I've made it available as a free to view video, so if you click on the link above and head down towards the bottom end of the curriculum you can view it any time you like.

I've gathered together a list of questions that people have asked me and on this forum, and as and when I can add a question that I feel is of direct benefit to many users I will do so. I guess that's my way of saying that I want to build up this section over time and have it be at least the same quality and relevance as the rest of the videos on the course, but I don't want to get into the situation where I'm disappointing people because I'm not quickly producing a video answer to every question that's asked about Affinity Photo.

As with previous additions to the course (eg the 1.5 update section) this will not affect the price. The price stays the same.

Thanks for your time,

Simon Foster

• 3 weeks later...

I've just added a .pdf file to the first video about layer masks. They are often the thing that people find hard to get their head around conceptually. So I thought it would be an idea to tackle things using 2 different media, video and step by step written with screenshots so you can come at the problem from two different angles.

Hi Robchoc. When 1.5 came out I added new videos to cover many of the new features because I think it's important to keep the course up to date. So yes, that's the plan for any future updates. As for Designer, I certainly wouldn't rule it out but not just yet because I have so many other projects going on at the moment.

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started the course a few days ago, and after having used AP for months.. I'm already learning stuff, I wish I'd known earlier!  :D

Oh thank goodness! It's always such a relief to know someone is getting something out of one of your courses. Cheers RobNJ!