You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Painting

Hi, may be it´s included now and I don´t find it. Two wishes for I only use few instruments for a painting. 1. One panel where one can set down the brushes for one project (as one can do it with the color palette). 2. For the active brush two sliders: one for the wide of the line, and another one for the transparency. Both on the top of the brushes panel. So one could prepare some brushes with the very complex tool before starting as the palette too. I saw this in Artflow and Infinite painter, very helpfull.

Regards

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Hi, here some more points to this topic: I made one mistake, the two sliders should be reachable if one is looking to other panels too, not only the brushes.

What I know now:

It is possible to make a new brush panel (Kategorien in German) and name it: Picasso and me for instance; fine.

Then it is possible to get two basic brushes round and squere (the last is a special showing pixel).

One can copy them and make them to complex brushes... and become old by that.

Two more brushes can loaded from outside, whereever that may be.

It can made a brush point with a jpg and name the brush by that way, last one is a: must.

And it is possible to get a full panel out of AP into my private panel (export + import).

It is NOT possible to delete a single brush; that´s a problem. Otherwise it could be choosen a few of the very good brushes in this way.

What I would like to do is getting six or seven SINGLE brushes from the table of them to each of my private panels, Picasso others than van Gogh (I don´t try to become a painter but to understand painting).

And if it would become possible to include to this private brush panels a private panel of colors as a palette (you know: Picasso or...) and not so small as it is now it would be great.

See. AP includes much too much elements. So if there could made a painter persona it would be a good idea.

I only use AP for some photographs which are not to handle allone in Aperture, and my painting I do with a tablett or smartphone and only the finish in AP as to calibrate.

So it is very helpfull to have only a small field to know for every part of my work.

Best

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

I believe you are still too new to AP's brushes system (even if you might be a total expert in Painter's or Photoshop brushes system), as my issues with it are definitely not configuration. If you clicked  the "more" button, or just double click in any brush (which I rather prefer, as it gets saved without problems, etc), you would see there are even graph curves to set very fine tuned a lot of features ,even more than in some top dogs in the industry. My issues, and most painters' here is with brush performance. (lag, accuracy, some jitter in zoomed out, aliasing, etc) . Which are probably going to be solved in 1.6 soon to come version. But seriously AP has a crazy load of configuration possibilities for its brushes. Plus, once the basics are solidly working, one does not need much more, -is saying this to you a realistic, seasoned illustrator, I professionally publish stuff, is not a hobby... - Is not like some super complex brush is going to be critical in someone making much better art pieces... A simple round shape brush is way more than enough to make a master piece, and wont have certain excessive custom brush touch of which a number of artists make an abuse of...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

2. For the active brush two sliders: one for the wide of the line, and another one for the transparency.

You can click and drag on on "width","opacity", etc (on the name not slider) in the context toolbar and adjust those settings.

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672