You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am reading the Help section about the Media Browser.  It says:

Options available in the dialog via -click menus

• Remove—removes the selected folder from Media Browser. The folder and contents are not deleted from your computer.
  • Reload—synchronizes with the selected folder to ensure Media Browser is displaying up-to-date content.
  • Show in Finder—opens the selected folder or file in Finder.
  • Open With Preview.app—opens the selected file in Preview.
  • Quick Look—opens the selected file in Quick Look.

When I ^ click in the upper section, only Reload appears. One reason I ask is because I want to Remove some folders from Media Browser.  Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks

post-53896-0-08594200-1490375543_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Engine44,

The Remove option only appears for custom folders you've added to the Media Browser. For collections managed by Apple Photos (or iPhoto and Aperture) you can only sync them. The management of those collections (remove, move folders around etc) must be done inside those apps. Affinity Photo Media Browser only displays them.

As far as I know, you cannot remove the iPhoto, Photos and Pictures folders from the Media Browser. This is a macOS default; Apple wants them to be always there. Thus, the Remove option is only available for additional folders that you've manually added before. The Quick Look option doesn't work with folders but only media files. Open With Preview seems to be gone completely, but this too might be something Apple has done in some macOS version, maybe because you can access the function in Quick Look.

• 1 month later...

Remove—removes the selected folder from Media Browser. The folder and contents are not deleted from your computer.

I used to be a Bridge user. The Affinity photos media browser is pretty responsive and useful for quick selections. I really like that, although it lacks a lot of feature compared to Bridge. Agree with Engine44, there should be a option to hide Apple iPhoto, Apple Photo collections or any predefined OS X folders completely.