You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help - how to create a halftone in affinity designer

Hello!
I have been searching for the internet and I would like to know if you can do that halftone effect in affinity designer, I have tried with affinity pfhoto but it handles me in pixel

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Laptop G3 15.6" Core i5 10a. Gen. 16GB RAM, 1TB DD + 256 SSD, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 11

Hi dreyko,

Welcome to the forums.

One person to ask would be Dan aka giantlobsterprd, as he knows his stuff.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/15754-the-dead-of-london/?p=72082

HTH

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 2 years later...

I ended up using Inkscape to make the half tones with a modification of this guys instructions.

I set my original gradient art in affinity to solid on one side of the gradient and transparent on the other, then imported it into Inkscape.

Instead of using as my "1. Pick from the drawing" setting, I used [Opacity]. Once I had my half tones I took them back into Affinity and layed them over my original art. I set the background image to a solid, and my half tones to the other color of my gradient.

Original art:

940072563_PO4408284T-1pumpkin.thumb.png.86a215fccbd93e4f6168b9acb259255b.png

My results:

2103419444_Pumpkingradient.thumb.png.d70740d9fee08c4f995bcedbea5c441b.png