You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.5.2.62(beta)] Macro issue

Hi,

Created a very simple macro to resize files.

The macro contains two steps

1. change units to inches

2. resize document to 12 x 18, 300dpi, Lanczos 3 Non-Separable

After creating and saving the macro I open files and select the macro it works correctly taking the same amount of time to complete the resize document part as would doing it manually.

If I close AP down, re-start it, open another file and apply the macro it completes instantly.

I suspect the resample setting has defaulted to bilinear as the rendering time between the two resample options are quite marked.

So three questions;

1. Is there a bug when using Resize Document in a macro?

2. How can you find out what setting are actually being used in a macro?

Just checked out this folder

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo Customer Beta\Resources\Affinity Photo\en-US.lproj

3. Where are macro's stored?

Thanks

Regards

• Staff

Hi Harry,

Sorry for delayed response. I've reproduced your issue and I believe it is (as you've correctly said) using the wrong resample option. It looks as though it is doing a Nearest Neighbour resize. I'll get this reported to development.

Regarding point 2, some Macro actions can be adjusted later. If this is possible you will see a cog icon appear next to the macro action in the Macro's Panel - clicking this will give list the options that can be changed. Unfortunately this is not possible for all actions, but feel free to add a Feature Request in the Feature Request forums for ones you would like to see. And lastly you will find your Macros (along with other created data) saved in the %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\user (for beta) or C:\Users\spower\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user (for non beta)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.