You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Movie Poster "Credits" Template

Anna Susanna

While looking at/for specific tall thin style fonts like it movies,I came across this free template,thought it might come in handy for someone who needs it for making posters,Idk if its just for personal use or not,but I think you can contact the person and ask about it :) .

www.tipsquirrel.com/movie-poster-credit-template-for-photoshop

post-51788-0-84593500-1491194386_thumb.jpg

post-51788-0-50135300-1491194387_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this,

will be really useful for my video credits, if only I knew how to use/edit it after installing the font then loading the template. :( John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Thanks for this,

will be really useful for my video credits, if only I knew how to use/edit it after installing the font then loading the template. :( John

Hi pioneer,

When you unzipped the file, you get an .rtf file explaining how the font works and another zipped file including the font itself (SteelTongs Regular and Italic).

Once unzipped this file and the font installed, lowercase characters give titles: for example written by, and uppercase characters are used to write names in front of titles.

I hope that helps.

post-37692-0-63055500-1491221309_thumb.png

Hi Reglico, that's a great help thank you will give it a go in the morning.  Cheers John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Hi Reglico, that's a great help thank you will give it a go in the morning.  Cheers John

pioneer, thank you for your comment, happy to have been able to help. Regards, Regis

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm not sure who specifically to ask, but I have a question regarding the use of the font. I've been using it to make credits on the back of a custom blu-ray sleeve and its been working great so far, accept for the fact that when ever I try to use the "alt+0131" and other shortcuts using the "alt" it doesn't work. I know its not because the key is broken since it works in other instances, its just when combining it with other keys on the board. I specifically need it to access "film" and "production". Thank you for your help!

On 4/27/2021 at 5:34 PM, montenore said:

... when ever I try to use the "alt+0131" and other shortcuts using the "alt" it doesn't work...

The Steel Tongs font doesn't support umlauts, see the font's character map here! - You have to find/use another similar font which supports umlauts then too in order to use these in text.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 year later...
On 4/3/2017 at 7:40 AM, Anna Susanna said:

While looking at/for specific tall thin style fonts like it movies,I came across this free template,thought it might come in handy for someone who needs it for making posters,Idk if its just for personal use or not,but I think you can contact the person and ask about it :) .

www.tipsquirrel.com/movie-poster-credit-template-for-photoshop

post-51788-0-84593500-1491194386_thumb.jpg

post-51788-0-50135300-1491194387_thumb.jpg

You can use this movie poster credits template for commercials projects. Usually the free stuff is either free for personal use only or it requires attribution.