You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reading, as I do, the forums quite regularly one or two problem areas keep cropping up.

In Paint Tool

Cropping

Finding Stuff in General

Functionality (how/why does this work)

and Language.

Language I readily understand cannot by default be addressed without an "Auto translation" feature of some sorts. Not likely unless we all get Babel fishes in everyone's ears (humour).

Functionality comes as part of language in that what Serif call raster buster I call a frizzle grouper (more humour).

Finding stuff is a bit easier to understand. How can I do what I want if I cannot find out how to? The Serif method is quite different to any I have used before and like a babe in arms, I do need to be spoon fed a lot of the time if I am to progress. The problem seems to be that the Serif methods are not to the newcomer methods that appear as obvious ones. Accepting the first two problems of Language and Functionality perhaps finding stuff is the first thing that needs a bit of a tweak. I would like to suggest the hovering over solution is the answer but with more context than is used at present; almost like the pressure sensitive key only for the sake of argument, the longer I hover the more information is displayed in the info. bubble.

Cropping was my first stumbling block and from what I read continues to be for many starters and longtime users alike. Perhaps, again for the sake of discourse, as well as the slightly opaque list of crop variations the hover method could be used to guide the way to simple solutions to the question how do I cut this section out leading to how do I crop this little image into a larger one with different pixel density and physical size. Even trying to think about how complex this looks in AP gives me a headache(not humour).

When choosing the 'inpainting' tool, how about the selection triggering the question by AP. "which layer?"; assuming there are layers open - if not the question is not needed and the tool just works (sorry mac persons).

If all this is junk, just say. I am just musing.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.