You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts in EPS Export not working?

Hello,

i hope you will understand my bad englisch ;)

I have the following problem. in designer i use a normal font and this i will export to eps (for printing (300dpi))

after positioning the font i convert the text info curves. after export some letters looks really ... interesting. do you have an idea what i make wrong?

i try ist with normal text and convert text into curves see the screenshots for better understanding ;)

thanks

jens

post-56246-0-10712100-1491581633_thumb.png

post-56246-0-16185700-1491581639_thumb.png

Hi Jens,

This is a known bug for at least quite some time.

Until this is fixed, there is a work-around, if you do not have too much text involved: duplicate and convert the text to curves before exporting (unselect the text object - good to have if edits are needed). Remove then the bad nodes from the text curves that are causing the problem. (see picture in my post linked above)

Otherwise, you might want to try to tweek with the eps export settings ("more"-button in export dialogue ) to find a combination where the bug does not quick in. (rasterising options might help but maybe not what you were looking for when choosing eps format).

/Miro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.