You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still having pixel alignment problems.

My system is still allowing odd pixel alignment.  I have received the following instructions before.  I believe that I have followed these instructions, but I am still having problems.  Whole integers are still not being forced.

Can I restart a project to ensure Forced pixel alignment?  How do I do that?

Previous help...

"Can you please check the X,Y coordinates of the artboard in question? Go to Affinity PreferencesUser Interface section and set the Pixel values in Decimal Places for Unit Types to 4 or more. Then check the coordinates of the artboard in the Transform panel. Are they whole (integer) values?

To prevent this from happening make sure you have Force Pixel Alignment enabled from the beginning while working with pixel aligned projects (this setting also affects artboards)."

post-51554-0-77721600-1492012186_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Bible9230,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I believe this is related with a bug we are already aware of but i would like to check out the afdesign file to see what's going on.

Can you please upload it using this link? All files will be deleted after being inspected.

Don't forget to add your forum's username to the file name.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Bible9230,

Thanks for the file. The reason why you aren't able to create a slice correctly aligned with the artboards is because those two artboards are not pixel aligned (their X,Y coordinates are not integer values). You can see this going to Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section and setting the Pixels dropdown to 6 in the Decimal Places for Units Types section. Then select each artboard and look at the X,Y coordinates in the Transform panel. As you can see the Green and Red artboards X coordinate end up in .5. Delete the 0.5 from the X coordinate on each panel and the slices will align correctly.

Make sure you have Fore Pixel Alignment enabled from the start to ensure that the artboards are also pixel aligned (artboards are a special object type and as such are also affected by the Force Pixel Alignment setting).

Excellent! Thank you very much for figuring this out.

One of the difficulties I was having was finding the transform panel so I could manually delete the 0.5 from the integer value.  I finally found it and it fixed the problem.  Thank you again!

Matthew

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.