You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select all outlined all shapes in one color and wouldn't undo

I selected all to copy and paste a grouped image like I have hundreds of times before and the image took a selected color from a different file and outlined all the shapes. I couldn't undo the color outline and had to re-do each outline on the individual shapes. Any thoughts on why this happened. I know we have a feature to outline all shapes at once, but not in the middle of a copy and paste, and not when I have not selected a color in the file. I would hate to repeat this problem, if I am inadvertently doing this somehow. If anyone can help me I can't figure this out. It hasn't happened again on other grouped images.  Any input would be so appreciated!!

One other odd behavior is that it decided what the stroke outline would be and my stroke was set at O. Luckily for the past few days it hasn't happened again. I also noticed that odd things happen after I have been working on my files for over 6 hours, so I am wondering if letting the battery get low, or not shutting down every so often is something I should be doing. I am going to try that and see. Love this program it has meant everything to me, because of the illustrations I can produce for my children's books!

• Staff

Hey Suzannewendie,

That sounds very strange. I genuinely couldn't think why this may have happened. If it does happen again (I hope not) could you go to File > Save History with Document and send it to us? We may be able to figure something out from that. 

Absolutely, I am beginning to think that I am having issues with my graphic pen, it is starting to act odd and couldn't copy and paste four times in a row. So if it happens again I will for sure do that. Thanks so much for your input, I am achieving magnificent results from serif and never dreamed I could illustrate in such a way for my books!!!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.