You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

no pantone colour on outline?

So I was having trouble with a certain effect I wanted with illustrator and decided to give it a shot with Designer 1.5.5. I got the effect I wanted with little fuss, it was great. Problem is I need the font to have a pantone outline. When I use the outline tool under effects I find my colour (needs a search option here, painful to find the right number) and select it. Now as a test I made a box filled with my pantone colour (152 C). Dropped the PDF in Indesign, the text outlined does not show a pantone but the box I made does show a pantone. Is this an issue with the outline tool in Designer or is there something I am missing?

I think the effects outline is not an actual outline but just a screen or "visual" outline. i.e.: an effect.

"

You may want to try actually outlining the text using "Layer > convert to curves from the Layer drop down. Keep a copy of the text as a font so you can go back to it if needed. Once outlined in this manner it's no longer a font.

I think the effects outline is not an actual outline but just a screen or "visual" outline. i.e.: an effect.

"

You may want to try actually outlining the text using "Layer > convert to curves from the Layer drop down. Keep a copy of the text as a font so you can go back to it if needed. Once outlined in this manner it's no longer a font.

Does not work. I thought for a moment it was because I had a 3D bevel effect as well so I tried just straight text, no effects with a pantone outline/stroke. Does not work. If I am doing it wrong it needs to be changed as this should be a very basic and simple thing. Going back to illustrator to get done what I need till I can play with this more.

Either you're not exporting with the Honor Spot checkbox checked (More button), or perhaps you are not choosing the Pantone from a spot color palette. That is, unless the Mac version does have a bug the Windows version doesn't.

post-255-0-34431800-1493505918_thumb.png

The FX outline does not export the Pantone as a spot color. But adding a spot color to the stroke as in the above screen shot does here.

BTW, as can be seen, aligning the stroke to the outside is crap. At least on Windows...

Mike

So I started typing out this long reply going through everything I was doing. In the end I tried once more making a PDF and low and behold the PDF kept the pantone colour, my EPS file did not. So now I need to figure out what is wrong with the EPS file. Attached is a screen shot of the export settings, which I have not touched.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-01%20at%208.13.1

I did try the setting preset "for print" and "for export" both converted to CMYK.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.