You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to Affinity

Hello all,,, I am new to graphics and have been asked to make a logo for my band. I am thinking of either buying Affinity or Photoshop or use Gimp.

What I need to do is make a picture of the singer's face but in smoke.

I am unsure if any program can do this but I have seen a couple of images on the web that resemble what am looking to do. I will attach them.

Can this be done with Affinity Photo and a forward facing pic as some type of displacement for a smoke texture???

post-57865-0-31657600-1493319352_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi mauricerojas,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's not an easy project but Affinity Photo has the tools to accomplish this. You can download a trial from here (scroll to the bottom of the page - the link is below the Buy buttons) if you want to give it a try.

For smoke brushes/textures please check those threads:

FREE Custom Smoke Brush

- Learn how to make your own Smoke brush Today! (Video Training)

- Smoke Brushes in Photo

IMO-You're are gonna have to find and assortment of already made smoke brushes, or create your own out of smoke stock photography. Either way you'll have to "paint" the face through trial and error using them at different sizes to get the detail. You can't teach these things, one can only guide them or give advice I think. That's what makes your sample picture so unique.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.