You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi alg,

Welcome to the forum

Can you please let me know if you are running the Mac or Windows version of Photo and how much RAM does your computer have and the RAW format that you are using.

Hi DWright.

Thanks for looking into my issue. I am using Windows 10,

3.00GB installed on ram with 2.75 usable.

My camera raw files are from my Nikon 3200. Hope that will help with a resolution. Thank you very much in advance. Allen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DWright.

Thanks for looking into my issue. :) Unfortunately the problem still exists. Please find the information asked for below.

I am using Windows 10,

3.00GB installed on ram with 2.75 usable.

My camera raw files are from my Nikon 3200. Hope that will help with a resolution. Thank you very much in advance. Allen

I'm obviously NOT DWright but...

My very strong suspicion is that the amount of RAM you have (3GB is an "unusual" figure, more common to see amounts in multiples of 2 or 4) is, frankly, barely enough to run Windows 10 64 bit.  To then open a RAW file must be maxing out your memory and causing an awful lot of swapping to disc and your page file.  Hence, the delays and "Not Responding" message.

I honestly think you need to seriously consider adding as much RAM as your computer can handle.  

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi Jeff. Thank you very much for replying much appreciated  :).

I double checked the RAM and the figures I submitted were correct.

I will look into expanding or possibly updating my PC. Regards Allen