Status: Beta Release
Purpose: New features, fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
This is the first beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it should be considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.
To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.
- First and foremost, the 1.6 version is mainly about: Light UI! (go to Preferences->User Interface)
- Improved view pan/zoom performance and new pixel-differencing pixel shader
- Improved performance with large documents
- New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
- New Glyph browser
- Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
- Align to key items (first/last selected)
- Text frame vertical alignment options
- Fit frame to text (double-click on bottom centre handle).
- Transform panel uses the rotation centre
- Scale/shear can now be performed about rotation centre
- Double-click now resets shape handles and rotate/shear handles
- Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements