You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.71

Wow, that stabilizer works like a charm! Smooth, completely responsive en very intuitive.

The first time I opened the glyph browser the glyphs were white and contrast and legibility were very poor (light UI). Maybe because I started in dark UI and switched to light UI before opening panel? Maybe because I had a light foreground colour selected? Can't reproduce.

In german, "light ui" has been translated to "Schmal" which means "narrow", "slim" etc. Correct would be "Hell".

Also in the German version, one of the controls at the top of the Blend Options ("Mischoptionen") dialog is labelled "Coverage Map".

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I experienced a fairly heavy bug right out of the gate that I don't believe I've seen mentioned yet.

When zooming about my image, bits and pieces of it will fail to update properly, giving me situations where chunks of my image are displaying properly, while others remain low res. In wireframe view, some parts of my image will refuse to draw at all.

It's pretty difficult to describe, so I've uploaded a video showing the bug in action.

Oh, and in case you need my tech specs:

Intel i5 4590

Geforce GTX 970 w/ latest Nvidia drivers

8GB RAM

• Staff

Yes Andre, this has been reported to the developers already, thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

The Help manual doesn't seem to work in the beta.

That's a known issue in 1.6 beta for both apps.

Alfred spacer.png

Great to see improvements in the software so far. Great work!

Things to point out so far: 

-The Light UI is a good implementation, however, I feel that some of the tool icons have contrast issues with it and some of them are confusing. Then again I always prefer simple flat icons for toolbars and such so it might be a personal preference.  

-The keypoint feature: you mentioned first/last selection will have priority but I wasn't able to make it work. Maybe I'm missing something

-great work on getting the multiple stop thing to work for PDF, I guess all it needs now is having the flatten transparency feature for EPS

...and looking forward to bezier handles grid snapping.  

EDIT:  It seems Exporting EPS with gradients and reimporting/opening with Illustrator actually rasterizes the gradient (even though it says 'nothing will be rasterized'). It's just a bitmap gradient with a vector clipping path.

Cheers  :D

Core i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz    |     8GB Hyperx Memory      |      Radeon R9 270X     |    Samsung 120 SSD

Hi,

love the light UI! However, the ticks next to selected options and toolbars (such as in View) are very, very light, extremely difficult to see when not hovered upon. Maybe you can increase the contrast a little bit? Or change the colour of the ticks from light grey to dark grey.

Other than that, it looks fantastic and I haven't experienced any bugs so far.

• Staff

However, the ticks next to selected options and toolbars (such as in View) are very, very light, extremely difficult to see when not hovered upon.

Thanks, this is a bug. I think that you will find that they are already darker after a restart, can you please confirm

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi Patrick,

On my system the tick/checkmarks never change their colour and remain white even after a system restart and a full reset to Affinity Photo/Designer.

Sometimes the interface doesn't change immediately when we switch the respective Light/Dark option in the Preferences too. Only restarting the application does change the interface.

I've filled a bug report for this already.

• Staff

Thanks both, I should have been in front of a computer rather than guessing. MEB has logged this

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Guys,

i have to say, im quite disappointed now... Maybe i missed something, and its only my mistake, but Im waiting from first betas for 
- free transform / distort box for selected objects, same you can with ctrl drag select box corners in photoshop. Its so simple to do so even math model is not so scary, why we dont have such basic thing? Or did i really miss something?
- transform box for group of points
- ability to deal with bigger projects with lots of artboards (its better, but still not comparable with photoshop)

and i got light UI. well its fine, but i really need to work, and withou these features ill be not able to switch fully to Affinity :(

I open project from previous version AD which I create today. In Beta text is blured in some parts. In old version 1.5.3.69 all letters are sharp. I choose Nvidia Quadro 2000 for render. Changing zoom affect this effect. Zoom 200% - half line is blured, on 100% it is look better.

ALLE MEINE BROWSER in WIN10 BEHAUPTEN EURE DOWNLOAD-SEITE SEI   U N S I C H E R   UND VERWEIGERN MIR DAHER DEN DOWNLOAD.

KÖNNTET IHR DAS MAL SICHER MACHEN ??

Wäre wirklich sehr nett, danke :-)))

Gruß

manroe

I understand that you are frustrated, @manroe, but there is no need to "shout". Posting in capital letters just makes your message difficult to read.

What browser(s) are you using, and what security software? If you go to the first post in this thread and click on the download link, does your browser reject it?

Alfred spacer.png

the error manroe is facing is because of mixed http and https content... thus the false message pops up.
the affinity products themselves are save.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

Hello,

I have a performance problem every time I move an element it looks like it leaves a part of the image as a lag until I loose it, in the previous betas did not present that error

post-54917-0-10290700-1495564382_thumb.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Laptop G3 15.6" Core i5 10a. Gen. 16GB RAM, 1TB DD + 256 SSD, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 11

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, Dreyko said:

every time I move an element it looks like it leaves a part of the image as a lag until I loose it

This is a known bug that has already been reported here…

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40347-pencil-tool-in-using-stabilizer/&p=201851

and here…

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40263-16070-refresh-display/

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro