You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Various Works in Progress - Abstract Album Covers

GarryP

I thought I would have a play around with some features of AD and try my hand at some abstract art so I started to come up with various album covers (for albums that don't exist, for a band that doesn't exist).

This first one is about branes (from string theory) colliding and merging.

I'm not entirely sure about the whole thing so constructive comments/critisisms/suggestions are, as usual, welcome.

If I get some good suggestions I might make a second version.

Colours, fonts, composition, whatever you think is right or wrong, shout up.

post-55880-0-55397200-1495196403_thumb.jpg

This second album cover has the theme of tiles on a floor slowly gliding apart (well, sort of). It's a bit "vertiginous" if you stare at it for a while.

As with the first, I didn't have any real reason to create this aside from trying various techniques but if you think any changes need to be made then just tell me.

(If I come up with any other abstract covers I'll add them to this thread so I don't pollute the forum with lots of similar threads.)

post-55880-0-83694700-1495196539_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where I was going with this one but I quite like the result. Not sure what musical genre I would put it into though.

If anyone thinks it can be improved - and I'm sure that it can - then please give suggestions.

post-55880-0-24554800-1496998566_thumb.png