You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any reason why "CTRL+A" to select the text does not work in AP Frametext while editing text (It does in AD)? ... unless it's a feature I consider this a bug ;-)

Cheers,

Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Ctrl+A works as expected for me in both beta build 1.6.0.70 and release build 1.5.2.69. You should also be able to select all of the text in the frame with a quadruple-click.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Works in all AD and in the AP final ... does not work in the latest beta 1.6.0.70! Double and tripple (i guess that's what you meant with quadruple :-) ) does not work either in the beta. Does in the final ...

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

On 20/05/2017 at 1:52 PM, DarkClown said:

Double and tripple (i guess that's what you meant with quadruple :-) )

No, I really did mean quadruple! Quadruple-clicking does the same as Ctrl+A: it should select all of the text in the frame. Triple-clicking selects the text in the current paragraph, so you won't see any difference if you triple-click or quadruple-click when there is only one paragraph in the frame.

Alfred spacer.png

Ah, OK ... but that's a more or less common functionality in windows ... since either CTRL+A nor quadruple clicking works in the latest beta ... would be good to solve this ;-)

• Staff

I wonder if this is a software language specific problem?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I wonder if this is a software language specific problem?

Ctrl+A still works for me if I switch to the German language interface (but that's on an English version of Windows, of course).

Alfred spacer.png

Ah, OK ... but that's a more or less common functionality in windows ... since either CTRL+A nor quadruple clicking works in the latest beta ... would be good to solve this ;-)

Double click select one word, 3 click selects one line 4 clicks selects all as with ctrl + A Affinity 1.5.2  and beta 1.6.0.71 running Win 10  

Interesting, on AP beta .71 All clicking options to select text work for me but Ctrl+A doesn't work.

Edit: Ctrl+A does work in release AP 1.5.2.69 so for me this is a bug in beta .71

Interesting, on AP beta .71 All clicking options to select text work for me but Ctrl+A doesn't work.

For me CTRL+a works on AP beta .71 in frame text to select the entire text, including multiple paragraphs. I'm on a german keyboard with language set to german (Windows and AP).

It seems there must be something else involved.

I enclose a simple document in which I tested this.

d.

select_all_text.afphoto

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi Dominik, tried your file, All clicking options to select text work but Ctrl+A doesn't work. Exactly the same as my file test.

I think you are correct there must be something else involved, a system/AV setting or something maybe, going to do a bit of googling :)

PS On screen keyboard doesn't work either so its not a keyboard fault.

Regards

Hi Dominik, tried your file, All clicking options to select text work but Ctrl+A doesn't work. Exactly the same as my file test.

I think you are correct there must be something else involved, a system/AV setting or something maybe, going to do a bit of googling :)

Interesting. Perhaps you can check the settings of AP's keyboard shortcuts. Maybe something got lost or confused?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Ah! that's a really good shout dominik I recently set up some ctrl+ zoom settings maybe I typo'd will check when I get home. (This would also explain how the release version does work for me)

Regards

Well added Crtl+A to 'Select All' (which was blank) and it's working now! no idea if I've broken anything else in doing that but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough :)

I also removed Crtl+A from 'Select All' and it stopped working so it would seem that is the fix although Mark's comment above may suggest something else is going on.

@Chris

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.1198

Regards

Just noticed

attachicon.gif15.png

So did a reset and fixed that, no idea where the duplicate setting was.

It's too late now, of course, if you've already done a reset, but hovering over the yellow triangle would have given you a tooltip telling you what the duplicate was.

Alfred spacer.png

Well added Crtl+A to 'Select All' (which was blank) and it's working now! no idea if I've broken anything else in doing that but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough :)

Good to hear.

It will be interesting if DarkClown can fix this that way, too.

d.

• 4 weeks later...

@dominik: CTRL+A was not assigned in my key-assignments. I added it to "Select All" and it works afterwards ... but frankly spoken: this is a windows feature and not an Affinity assigned shortcut! So assigning it to a shortcut should not be necessary ... (And in case it needs to be selected as an affinity keyboard assignment - why isn't this set as default ???)

Cheers, Timo

but frankly spoken: this is a windows feature and not an Affinity assigned shortcut! So assigning it to a shortcut should not be necessary ... (And in case it needs to be selected as an affinity keyboard assignment - why isn't this set as default ???)

I agree.

Interestingly in my install it is set as a default. I have no clue why this happened on your computer.

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.