You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, there is still a problem dealing with hung processes in the latest Beta. Trying to escape from a develop persona that hung it was not possible to engage Task Manager and I was forced to use the computer switch. Software should be responsive to ctr-alt-del, i.e Task Manager. Apart from this, very smooth

Michael

Hi MIchael,

I have W10 Home, up to date (Not much choice!)
It's difficult to reproduce a hung process but my machine is a bit rubbish so it's easy for me to throw AP a task that gets the 'Affinity Photo (Not Responding)' message. Not sure if that's a valid comparison to your issue. Anyway when I Ctrl+Alt+Del while that 's going on Task Manager is slow to respond but it does respond.

My understanding is that it's not APs responsibility to respond to a Ctrl+Alt+Del request it's the OS's. If your OS isn't responding then there is no resource left for it to work with. I have 16GB of cheap RAM and have set AP to only be allowed to use 13, always leaving 2 for the OS and anything else. (you never get to use the full amount. May be worth trying to tweak that preference?

Regards

Thank you. That is very helpful in understanding. Yes, what you experience is similar, the same even. Use here a laptop. I was used to having to control such things in Win NT4 but had rather forgotten them with the vast improvements to the last few Windows versions. Skills fade with age! Pleased that AP is exonerated. Now you point this out it occurs to me that processor speed might also be a factor. When I return to civilisation in the summer - Is Skye civilisation in this sense? - I shall consider a serious upgrade.

Michael

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.