You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant select/cut clear precise edges

I select a region of higher res image that needs to be cut out say, 1024x1024 I copy the selection and make new layer - looks ok. I try making a new document, well that wont work properly. If I make it directly from the clipboard, sizes of the document don't match with the copied selection or layer. They are in most cases +- 3 pixels of difference here is an example:

I copy this: https://gyazo.com/cdc7aac6418a65e6f12edcae103fd971

Result in new document and sometimes new layer is this: https://gyazo.com/8625c859cb86c2d45df7ff55b00cf338

I don't know if its some of my settings, altho I haven't touched much, I tried changing them around to no avail.

Crop tool seems to be working more precisely but that is pain to use when you have to make 20 textures. If I could copy paste selection precisely that would be great.

Does anyone know why when I copy a part of an image and then make a new document from the clipboard from it, the size of new document does not match the size of copied part of the image and edges in this new document look distorted as I shown in my previous post?

Hello neithque,

did you try snapping on and force pixel alignment, make your selection and move it a little so it snaps to a whole pixel.

hope this works

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Makes no difference. I cant get work done like this, I will have to go back to photoshop or something if this issue is not resolved. Can a mod or someone please address this? Is this a bug or some setting or what is it?