You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP .71] - Export

Hi Chris,

I can add a name in and all is ok. There is no issue with the Export command itself just the the default file name is missing in the Save As dialogue. I would expect the name to come through from the project file by default. Therefore not a big issue at all, just thought it worth logging.

Happens with all existing docs, don't think I tried with a new one will do so when I get home. Also didn't try just saving without the file name as I would assume that not to work but I see why you would ask, some tester me eh :) Again I'll try when I get home.

Thanks

Regards

Hi Chris,

Untitled.jpg came through to the 'Save As' dialogue for a new file.

I'm pretty sure I've worked out what's going on, it's a bit of an edge case to be filed under b****y users!  :D

Because there was a warning on the latest beta about file format compatibility I take a copy of any file I want to work on so I have the original I can open with the release version just in case. So I prefixed the copy with '.71_' yip the dots the issue. A dot anywhere in the file name truncates everything to the right of it.

Interestingly as I had no idea off the top of my head how office deals with this I checked and it's ok with that char in the 'Save As'

Regards

• Staff

Oh my goodness, we have had this (normally once) in almost every Serif application over the years when trying to prepopulate the save as dialog. We must have found one of the few programmers not to have been tripped up by this before. Thanks for investigating and finding this. We will check it and report it to the developers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Thanks for your help with this bug. We believe this was fixed in beta build #83 and above

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.