You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rich Black values not exporting out of Designer

Hi,

I just did a tradeshow display in Affinity Designer.

Back ground is full black and built to a rich black as specified by the output shop. C30, M20, Y20, K100.

Using export persona or just the export to PDFx, the rich black information is lost and ends up being C63, M52, Y49, K91 when checked in output preview in Adobe Acrobat. Vendor is flagging file as having to much ink density, and it looks like I am either going to have to redo it in illustrator, or export it to eps and try to rebuild it in illustrator.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

While I love designer as a purely illustration app. it is things like this and few other missing or incomplete features that give me serious reserve as using this app as a professional production tool.

• 1 month later...

This definitely is a color management issue.

1. Which document profile do you use?

2. Which output profile are you choosing?

3. Which simulation profile does your print service use to check it in Acrobat? 

By the way: Even if the color values of your service provider are correct, the add to an ink coverage of 255 %, what definitely doesn’t cause a too high ink coverage!

And: Adding Y to rick black is quite „unusual“.

I attach a .designer document and its PDF/X-3 with and element using your color values. The PDF has exactly the same values.

test.zip