You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Curves feature missing?

At first i was also confused. Under "Adjustments" you will find all the adjustments including the curve-editor. Just keep scrolling. The sub-category "curves" is the place where your presets will be stored. When you define a new curve you can add a new named preset with the + -button.

Thank you for your answer!

http://i.imgur.com/QNEsfss.png

But ... scroll where exactly? There's nothing.

I can go through all the other kinds of adjustments and see previews (pretty similar to photo filters in instagram or whatever)
But as I get to Curves, there's just nothing. There's nothing to scroll. It's a box and it's empty. Clicking on anything responsive takes me to the previous or next adjustment: Colour Balance being the previous (also just a blank box, btw) and Exposure coming after (showing a list of thumbnails with +/- X stops previews)

Still haven't been able to get any curves adjustment at all - not even a preset.
Levels is almost as bad, two presets with a few very broad dials for adjustment .. :/
The app really does seem nice but without curves and levels it cannot possibly replace my current applications.
Gonna' have to refund this unless there's some secret door somewhere that opens up all the manual controls...

Hey JW85,

The presets will only appear when you create them by clicking on the + button as already mentioned. 

Currently, you're under that section, if you go back to the 'Adjustments' category and scroll down, select curves you can then make the needed adjustments and create a preset by clicking on the + button.

Hope this helps.

post-9020-0-32167600-1498082934_thumb.png

post-9020-0-97137900-1498082949_thumb.png

Allan Thompson

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Thank you delicious monkey!

This UI is not very intuitive. So, I was already on Curves and pressed Plus, it asks me to enter a name - then nothing happens? Really....
Then I read your text again, and again, and looked at the screenshots. It's ridiculous really, why have a list of adjustments that you can pick - and also in that list have a list item named Adjustments which is where you "really" pick it. Then Plus-button it.
Why is the Plus-button even available whilst in the wrong section? Etc. Argh.

But yes, now I got it. Thank you again!

Thank you delicious monkey!

:lol:

Glad it's sorted, this also confused me when I first used the app. I'm sure they are open to suggestions.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, erickb said:

impossible to find the very basic tool curve ... I dont want a preset I want the curve only

I guess Ill stop with Affinity and get the new coming photoshop for iPad , Affinity is not intuitive at all

All adjustments are stored in the Adjustments Studio

addustmentstudio.png.62d5e8b25487ef0bfc88c323d2c6a1e6.png Adjustments Studio icon

Adjustments are stored in alphabetical order, Curves coming under 'C' for Curves

adjustments.png.9653321f6d4a458d1a035ee7431f9681.png

Tap on Curves and you get a Context Menu, tap on the representation of a graph for a Curve panel. You can decide on if the curve adjusts all channels or just R, G, B or Alpha. Pretty standard stuff.

CT.png.7884cfc02b7455acb24760cd0451a864.png

then just tap and drag.

GRAPH.png.6f03a98b59a26e58635f91afff94f09b.png

All adjustments are found in the same Adjustment Studio.

I don't know about "Intuitive" but that all seems entirely logical to me.

If you are talking about the Develop Persona ?

Again, follow exactly the same logic, tap on the Adjustments icon and tap/drag on the curve

curvesdev.png.30d1b71a49664bb74584b50102964add.png

I honestly don't see how it could be any simpler?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

@erickb Pretty simple really when you know they are two seperate menus. One for adjustments and one for saved presets.. Use the Adjustments Studio, and scroll down to Curves Adjustment. It is below Colour Balance and above Exposure Adjustments. Do not select Curves in the top list leave it at Adjustments. This shows a list of all available app filters.

1. Is Adjustments Studio

2. Is all Adjustments

3 and 4. Context menu to make and save (if you want a preset) adjustments.

@toltecThe trap  for beginners (like me) is that in iPad version if you scroll through the Adjustments 'Categories' and select Curves that way,  (second image), it shows only your personal saved 'preset' curves and no context amen to make adjustments. If you haven't saved any the list will be empty. This can be a little confusing until you know how it works.

F91F86C0-E42B-469B-A663-AEE4DDD7A74B.jpeg

7AF42925-E852-4F68-894E-9B841A9107C3.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

46 minutes ago, erickb said:

thanks to all ... ok for curves
but now I am looking for  deformation / perspective tool  
and same problem ...looking around everywhere  , impossible to find it

It's in the Filters Studio. Looks like a funnel between Adjustments and fx. If you press the question mark (bottom right hand corner) it will tell you.

Alphabetically listed. Mesh Warp or Perspective are perhaps what you want.

If All Filters is set, it's quite a long list or you can tap the top menu (where it says All Filters) and set 'Distortions' for a shortened list of Distortion filters.

Many things to affect the image come under those two studios, Adjustments or Filters, which are next to each other on the right. It would be worth scrolling through both to familiarise yourself.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to mention that I also had to resort to the forums to find out how to add a curves adjustment on the iPad. There's definitely an UX issue here. @DM1 mentioned "Pretty simple really when you know they are two separate menus". The problem being that this isn't obvious at all. There's no indication that the adjustments list with the previews and the list you get when you tap on "Adjustments" are different. I believe the assumption most people make is that the list that pops up when tapping the "Adjustments" text is a faster way to get the adjustment they want (like a quick filter), instead of having to scroll through the previews (which take up way too much space). Not only that, having those thumbnails/previews actually seems to indicate that those are presets, not the other way around. Mostly because having previews for a lot of the adjustments doesn't make sense unless they are presets. A preview for curves? There's no preview I would associate with curves since you can change the image in a lot of ways with curves, and the default curve doesn't change the image at all. So what is actually previewed? A thumbnail of an edited curve, now that would make sense to me. I also see no reason why you can't combine the two. When I tap curves in the popup list you could show the curves options at the bottom of the screen and the presets in the top left. Then you can pick a preset and update the settings at the bottom or just make an adjustment. You could even hide the presets automatically when you make an adjustment with the tools on the bottom. I believe this would solve the UX problem without introducing other issues.