You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change dpi, not pixel size

Hi

I need to be able to change the dpi/print size of an image. The pixel size is fine, it's just that if you import a 4000x3000 pixel image into QuarkXPress and that file is in 72 dpi the print size will be 141 x 106 cm and Quark will only allow you to scale it down to 10% which will still be too large to fit on the page.

Maybe you can already do this, but I can't seem to find any way of doing it.

So for now I am "stuck with" CC 2014.

Best regards

Geir Rosset

Publisher

Oslo

Norway

Currently, there is no way in AP that I'm aware of to simply change file resolution--I'm thinking similar functionality to PS Image>Image Size dialog where I can change the Resolution box under Document Size with Resample Image unchecked. I have written about this issue in another post as it relates to printing and I hope it's addressed before the final shipping product.

Best regards,

AlanH

Currently, there is no way in AP that I'm aware of to simply change file resolution--I'm thinking similar functionality to PS Image>Image Size dialog where I can change the Resolution box under Document Size with Resample Image unchecked. I have written about this issue in another post as it relates to printing and I hope it's addressed before the final shipping product.

Best regards,

AlanH

+1. This is absolutely essential for print work.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Changing the resolution is essential for me too.

I can use Graphic Converter to change the DPI, an excellent batch tool by the way, but it means more unnecessary steps in my workflow for something that seems like such a simple task.

When is the next beta?

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi samsull, 

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is due to an issue with the original file's metadata. We already have this logged to be looked at.

Meanwhile, as a workaround click the More button in the Export dialog and uncheck Embed metadata. The file should export with the DPI you specify in the field.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.