You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select Sampled Colour...

Hi, I would assume Select Sampled Colour would select the sampled color and allow for a tolerance in the range. I've tried this in both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo Beta, and either it's not implemented yet, or it has a way of working that's not obvious or intuitive. First, I found to use the eyedropper tool, I had to click and drag the eyedropper over to where I wanted to sample/select a colour, seems clicking on should suffice. Once selected I tried the menu item Select Sampled Colour and cannot get any activity from this. If I'm going about thus wrong, please correct me. Otherwise I look forward to this working intuitively and correctly at some point. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Timber,

You'll find a Sampled colour pixel selections topic in the Help when you search for Select Sampled Colour.

I've tweaked it to stress that you need to select a pixel layer first to allow colours to be sampled from that layer.

MEB suggests that this is true for an object layer but in doing so the vector content is rasterized in the process which may not be want you want.

Should be in builds after 1.2.0.24606.

Cheers

Andy Capstick

Affinity documentation

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.