You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugin Capability of Affinity Photo

• 3 weeks later...

This is fantastic news! The ONLY reason I continue to use PS is for compatibility with the Google Nik plugins. 

So now for the stupid question: How do I install (or "make available") the Nik plugins for Affinity? I'm not currently on a computer that has Google Nik installed, but will be later when I go to my office. Does Affinity auto-magically find the plug-in? 

And if I wanted to use Nik with Affinity on my current non-PS installed machine, what steps do I take? 

I'm downloading Nik Collection for my current computer (without PS). But the Google help page only gives directions for how to install and use with a limited number of apps (Photoshop, Aperture, etc. ). So if there are any specific instructions regarding using with Affinity those would be much appreciated.

For example one of the weird things that happened when Nik moved over to Google is the HDR Efex no longer shows up in the same place as the other plugins within PS. True also with Affinity? 

• Staff

Affinity Designer is just the first of s suite of apps that Serif is creating for the mac platform. The others are Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher. Affinity Photo will be available as a beta around October (assuming it will not be delayed due to the dev/requests for Affinity Designer) while Publisher should only be available next year. You can learn more about all this here.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NIK plugin filters do work in Affinity photo. Topaz, Flaming Pear do not at this time. I have ON1 as well, but it did not even show up as a choice for plugin. This may be because it works with Photoshop Lightroom as well as Photoshop, which may also be why Topaz filters are not working as they too have both paths.

Please continue to work with these plugins and solve the code that will make them work.

BTW if you bought NIK for Photoshop, you will have to buy it again for Affinity as it will not install without doing so. You may use it on a trial basis only.

BTW if you bought NIK for Photoshop, you will have to buy it again for Affinity as it will not install without doing so. You may use it on a trial basis only.

That is strange. I did not buy NIk collection again and most but not all plugins work. Vivez and one other I forgot but do not use often do not work. Thankfully, Color & Silver Efex work fine for me.