You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens correction

Hi,

I'm working with a NEF file and when I import a photo to Affinity and activating or deactivating the lens correction I don't see any change in the image?

Am I doing some thing wrong? in ligthroom wen I activate the lens correction I see the image transforming.

The photos are from a Nikon D90 with a 18-300 lens.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking to replace Lightroom / PS.  A "manual" lens correction is not a replacement.  This is not useful for RAW images.

Yes. That is all true. You might want to look at PTLens as they have a plugin that I have thought about using.

hello,, sure that the plugin PTLEns works with Affinity, i want to buy it

thnx

No, I am not sure.

I have used the PTLens plugin, but that was some time ago before I started working with the Affinity Photo beta and, since I did not buy it, I have never tried it with AP. It did a great job with the software I used (Elements and photoLine), but it was only a trial and expired after 10 uses. I have since removed it from my system so I can not try it now with AP.

However you can download the trial and try it yourself. Remember, there is a PTLens app and a PTLens plugin and AP will require the plugin since it does not support external apps. I would certainly try it with AP before I bought it just to be sure. AP is still a bit rough around the edges when it comes to plugin support although they say that they expect a plugin support update soon. I know that PTLens works very, very well in adjusting images as I have compared the adjustments with that done by Lightroom and Optics Pro and it is just as good. I just don't know if it works with AP properly as of this last release.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.