You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not So Nice Surprise

Mouse slipped while dragging the Crop tool which resulted in a teeny tiny area to crop in a large image.  Got the spinning beach ball.  Tried to back out with Cmd/Z.  No effect.  Gave it a minute or two then tried Quit.  No Effect.  Tried Force Quit.  The Force Quit window said it was gone and the dock icon lost its open indicator.  However, I still had the Affinity Menu Bar, the full workspace and the spinning beach ball with no way to get rid of either of them.  Can't Force Quit something the Finder no longer sees.  I wound up having to Shut Down my machine to get out of it.

It doesn't seem like a situation that would likely occur often, maybe never again, and I didn't lose anything because of it but it seemed like it might be worth reporting.

Photo Beta: 25787

• Staff

Hi LilleG,

Thanks for letting us know, if we can replicate the issue we can pass it over to the development team to look into. However I've been trying for a while and can't seem to get the same outcome on Yosemite anyway, If you manage to replicate it again let us know.

Thanks

I tried to replicate it this morning, using the same image with the smallest possible crop selection.  I couldn't get it to fail so apparently it was one of those occasional glitches that Mountain Lion seems prone to.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.