Serif had been developing Windows software for over 20 years when our Head of Development – Tony Brightman – gave a presentation of a new idea…
The idea was to develop a whole new range of professional graphics software. These apps would be special in their conception – built from the ground up with the workflow of creative professionals in mind. It meant throwing away all the code we had built up over the years, but he wanted to create something that would set a new, higher standard for creative design apps. His vision set out the key criteria that this new range would have to fulfil:
- Lightning fast - in particular taking advantage of all latest CPU and GPU chipsets available
- Cover the core disciplines of photo editing, vector drawing and desktop publishing
- Use exactly the same file format between applications
- Have no bloat - utilize a concept of personas to organize the UI into different use cases
- Be unashamedly pro - core requirements like CMYK and 16 bit would be built in from the start and not allow wizards or anything else get in the way of a pro workflow
5 years after that initial vision the first application in this new suite was released, and Affinity was born.
The Affinity Suite
Affinity DesignerLaunched October 2014
Affinity PhotoLaunched July 2015
Affinity PublisherAvailable 2019
Serif (Europe) Ltd.
The Software Centre
Wilford Industrial Estate
+44 (0)115 9142000
For questions, reporting bugs and requesting features please post on our forums.
If you wish to get in touch just drop us an email at email@example.com
We’re hiring! Visit our careers page for more information.