Affinity Licensing and Activation Guide (Affinity Store)
Affinity V2 Licensing
If you have bought an Affinity app, you will have bought a perpetual license to use that app. A perpetual license means that you can use your Affinity app forever.
Types of Affinity License
There are four types of perpetual license:
- An Affinity V2 Universal License: A single license that allows you to use any Version 2 Affinity application (Designer, Photo and Publisher) on all three operating systems (macOS, Windows and iPadOS).
- A single application license for macOS: one for each application—Designer, Photo and Publisher.
- A single application license for Windows: one for each application—Designer, Photo and Publisher.
- A single application license for iPadOS: one for each application—Designer, Photo and Publisher. You can only buy these from the iPad App Store (via in-app purchase).
All downloads are free and will offer a 30-day trial on start-up, as well as the option to purchase a perpetual license. For each application, Designer, Photo and Publisher, you can only have one 30-day trial of our software on any desktop OS (see Trialling Affinity apps).
Affinity Store - Purchasing
When you browse and purchase Mac and Windows Affinity apps on the Affinity Store, you’ll use an existing Affinity ID or create a new Affinity ID to purchase against.
Affinity Store purchases - Activation
Activating a Universal License or single application license
If you have purchased an Affinity V2 Universal License from the Affinity Store, your license will already be stored in your Affinity Store account so all you need to do is log in with your Affinity ID to activate your license.
We’ll use Affinity Designer 2 as an example case.
To activate your Affinity license using your Affinity ID:
- Launch any V2 app you’ve downloaded.
- On the License Activation screen, enter your Affinity ID and Password, i.e. your Affinity account login credentials.
- Select Activate.
- To complete activation, select YES PLEASE, LINK MY APP TO MY ACCOUNT.
Business & Education licensing may be sold with Version 2 Activation Passwords which determine the terms of the license, from extended trials to perpetual licenses. You can use the Activation Password within the application to activate your license. Contact the sales department support team if you need assistance with this.
Updates of Licensed Products
Once you purchase a perpetual license, the app works indefinitely on your computer. The Affinity Store will serve the latest release builds on that platform. We release updates to our software regularly, and all version 2.x updates are free for version 2 licensed customers.
Trialling Affinity apps
If you are yet to purchase a Universal License or single application license then you can sign into the app (Downloaded from the Affinity Store) with your Affinity ID. You will then be asked if you wish to begin a 30-day trial (if you haven’t already used one). If you purchase a license, your app will detect this and will become licensed.
Entering the correct Affinity ID details
Affinity ID credentials are distinct from any Affinity Forum account credentials. However, you can make the Affinity ID credentials the same as those used to access the Affinity Forum, but they will remain unrelated.
Your license reference (e.g., L79743RH6GDHC) should not be used as your Affinity ID. This has to be an active email address so Affinity can send you a validation link via email.